Tactical Fly Fishing: Lessons Learned From Competition For All Anglers By Devin Olsen
Free Economy Shipping on all orders!
TCO offers Free Economy Shipping (7-10 Business Days) with any online purchase (merchandise subtotal is calculated before sales tax and after coupons or promotions). If you need your items quicker, you can choose from our Ground Service (5-7 Business Days) for $12.95.
Shipping surcharges on over-sized or extremely heavy items, such as Yeti, will still apply. Orders typically ship from one of our 4 locations or our shipping partners within 24-48 hours after you purchase. Some items shipped directly from the vendor may have longer delivery lead times. **International orders do not qualify for free shipping.
Additional international shipping duty costs are the responsibility of the receiver. TCO does not take responsibility for any unseen costs created by international shipping, duties, and customs.
We currently offer three shipping options within the United States:
- Free Economy Ground Shipping (7-10 Days)
- Ground Shipping (3-7 Days) $12.95
- Expedited (1-3 Days) $49.95
Shipping to Canada:
Yes we ship to all provinces in Canada via UPS or USPS. Please contact us if you need further help.
- Orders up to $50 - Shipping Cost: $19.95
- Orders from $51 - $150 Shipping Cost: $24.95
- Orders from $151 and more - Shipping Cost: $34.95
- When shipping to Canada we will choose the best option for delivery.
We ship to most countries that offer a tracking service for your security and ours. Please contact us if you need further help.
Approximate delivery times for the shipping methods we use are as follows:
- UPS Worldwide Expedited: 3 – 6 business days
- USPS Priority Mail International: 6 - 12 business days
- USPS First-Class Package International: 7 - 30 days
***Larger items including, but not limited to: Coolers, Luggages, and similarly sized or weighted items may not be eligible for international shipping. If the order is not eligible for International shipping, it will be canceled and refunded to your original payment method.
- Orders up to $100 Shipping Cost: $49.95
- Orders from $101 - $200 Shipping Cost: $59.95
- Orders from $201 and more - Shipping Cost: $69.95
Where else do we ship?
APO/FPO – We proudly offer Standard shipping to Military addresses! Please note that due to carrier size restrictions not all items are available for shipment. Orders are shipped via USPS Parcel Post and can take up to 4-6 weeks for delivery.
How do we ship?
Typically, Federal Express, USPS and UPS. We do not require a signature for delivery. If you are not home, a note will be left with directions on how to receive your order. Help is always available at 610-678-1899 x1 or email us
TCO Fly Shop, Inc will accept returns on most products within 30 days. The item MUST be unused and in NEW condition. We can not accept returns after 30 days unless approved by TCO Staff. To return an item, simply click here and fill out the return form.
Backordered items shipping to US addresses within 3-7 business days after the item is back in stock. If your order includes both in-stock and backordered items, the backordered portion will be shipped at no additional charge unless otherwise noted. Delivery may take longer for some items. TCO staff will communicate status on any backorder items via e-mail.
TCO Fly Shop, Inc will accept returns on most products within 30 days. The item MUST be unused and in NEW condition. We can not accept returns after 30 days unless approved by TCO Staff. To return an item, simply CLICK HERE with the reason for returning and we will assist you in processing the return.
This book describes the tactics and techniques which I have learned since I started competing for Fly Fishing Team USA in 2006. Each of the copies sold through the Tacticalflyfisher.com store are autographed by me.
Here is a list of the chapters in the book:
- Making and Adjusting a Plan Based on Observation. In this chapter I explain the variables that I observe when I arrive at the river which help me decide where and how to fish.
- Gear and Rigging. What you read is what you get in this chapter where I detail the rigs which I use in and out of competition.
- Euro-Nymphing: A Competitive Break Through. In this chapter I write about my history learning and using European-nymphing techniques and what makes these techniques so effective in so many circumstances.
- Entergy and Currents: Where and Why Trout Hold. In this chapter I take a slight detour into the world of my former profession as a fisheries biologist. Simply put, there are reasons why fish occupy certain water types throughout the year. This chapter is meant to help you pinpoint locations where to fish more quickly and confidently.
Most of the rest of the chapters investigate different water types and how I approach them to maximize my success. At the end of each of these chapters is one or more case studies where my friends and I fish a stretch of a certain water type and I explain the tactics we employed to be successful. The water type chapters include:
- Bankside Lies
The last chapter provides photos and recipes for some of my favorite fly patterns.
- Published by Stackpole Books.
- Copyright 2019 by Devin Olsen.
- Total length is 212 pages.