ANGLERS IMAGE TIPPET RINGS SMALL BLACK NICKEL - 10 PACK
- Extends the life of your leader
- Makes changing tippets fast and easy
- Only 2.25 mm in diameter
Allows for faster tippet changes and longer leader life
The use of tippet rings originated in Europe. During a fishing match, competitive anglers valued a fast and easy system to change the size of their tippet. Our Anglers Image® Tippet Rings allow the angler to simply knot the tippet end of their leader to the ring (using their favorite knot).
Unlike a blood knot or a double surgeons’ knot, the use of a tippet ring allows the angler to connect a tippet that is significantly different in diameter than the end of the leader. For example, it is difficult to connect a 3X leader to a 7X tippet via a knot, but, with the use of a tippet ring, it is possible. The advantage to the angler is that they can rapidly change tippet diameters without the need to drastically rebuild or restructure their leader.
Tippet Ring Tricks
Aside from making tippet changes fast and easy, here are some tricks to employ while on the water:
- Pinch on your split-shot above the tippet ring so that it will not slide down to your fly.
- To create a dropper, extend a short section of tippet material off of the ring and connect a fly to it. A split-shot sinker can also be added in the same way.
- To keep stick-on indicators in place, stick them on the tippet ring. The added benefit is a level tippet between your indicator and fly. This will sink the fly faster and make for a natural dead-drift.
- 9 to 12 ft. leaders that taper down finer than 5X usually have long tippet sections. Knowing this, it is a good idea to cut back the leader 18 to 24 inches before adding the tippet ring and new tippet section.
The Anglers Image® Tippet Rings come 10 per pack and are CNC spot welded in Germany.